Wednesday, April 15, 2009

a shorter blog

Well, now that I have been here for a little over 7 months, it looks like I finally learned how to condense a message (at least a bit). Here are some of the happening of the last little while:

After a three week break from classes I was ready to dive back into my last 6 weeks of teaching English. However, after just one week, I discovered I had another week off due to ‘Paskua’(Easter).

I used this opportunity to go to Gambia with the pastor’s son. This was an interesting look at a slightly more economically developed area. I only stayed for three days because all the development meant steeper living prices.

I also should mention that over the course of the past month I received all the other things that were taken from my house. This had good and bad results: the good, was obviously that I had my things back for use, the bad being that now we know who the people are and we have the difficulties of dealing with what to in our situation.

I have a little less then a month left here so this will be one of the last blogs you will get to see from Africa. I am looking forward to another month of Cashew’s. I have made it a habit of mine to grab one to six on my way in or out of the house for a light snack. It is nice and practical to have a Cashew tree right outside my doorway.

I have also spent a little more time on the little Kiriol learning thing. I have typed out a couple ‘lessons’ and I was wondering if anybody would be available to make it look just a little prettier. If you think that person could be you, send me an e-mail at steve_berk@hotmail.com.

So ya, Africa has been treating me pretty good. I have not seen rain in 5 or 6 months, every day is a little over 40 degrees and I am soaking up the sun. All is well and I am looking forward to my last little stretch of teaching English, learning Kiriol, eating fish and rice, drinking walga (tea?), ‘chiling’ in my hammock and other African related activities.

No comments: