Monday, September 1, 2008

I am in Bissau

Hello and greetings from Bissau, the capital of Guinea-Bissau. I just finished a full day and a half of travels to get here and I am a little tired as I did not get much sleep. In case you guys are wondering the flights all went well. I did not lose anything (to my knowledge) yet and the person was actually at the airport to pick me up when I got there which was a nice surprise. He even wore bright orange, green and red African clothing to make himself easy to see. How Practical.
It is nice and hot/humid here which makes for a pretty overall warm time for me. I am not used to this type of heat. Lucky for me it is the rainy season so it is not too warm and the dust is down a bit.
This week I am staying in Bissau at WEC headquarters. After that I take off with Titus to Ingore for the remainder of my trip. I should be able to get to the internet later on this week so thats a plus. Maybe I will get some pictures on the facebook group or something. I still have not tested the internet speed but I think I should be fast enough.
So ya, the roads are a little sketch here, no lines or anything so they drive just about anywhere. I will probably have more to say about the city once I have seen it but so far my experience is limited to driving to the WEC base, the WEC base itself and walking to the internet cafe. Overall, I would say its a pretty neat place. I cant wait to get some sleep and see what it is like when fully awake and aware of surroundings.
This could already be too long so I will close it by saying that I will hopefully get another one in this week and then it may be a month or two before I get on internet again.

No comments: